DASIL — The Dermatologic and Aesthetic Surgery International League — is primed for its second annual congress, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from 6–10 November 2013. DASIL was started with the hope of becoming the premier international dermatologic surgery organisation in the world, where collaborations among dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and aesthetic physicians would flourish, all in a non‑profit setting. This is something unique in our fields, and surely a concept that elevates DASIL to the forefront as a teaching organisation.
After an amazing first congress on the island of Malta, the enchanting city of Bangkok will be the host of the second annual congress.
All are encouraged to come and participate in what has certainly shaped up to be one of the most scientific filled programmes the region has seen for some time. Some 70 international experts in the fields of aesthetic medicine and cosmetic surgery, covering a variety of disciplines, will be on hand to share their skills and review the latest trends in these fields. In addition, sections on cutaneous oncology will allow those interested in this field to be taught by some of the masters on the subject.
Beyond the scientific programme, we also showcase how camaraderie is an important part of the DASIL family. We will interact with our industry partners, and see the sights and sounds of Bangkok together. What better an environment than this to teach and learn?
State of the art
State-of-the-art lectures will be given by some of the giants in our business:
- Dr Pierre Fournier, one of the fathers of liposuction, will be back with us to share his thoughts on ‘What is Beauty’, as well as to speak on liposuction and where the field is in 2013
- Dr Ava Shamban, one of the most well‑known American dermatologists, will speak on ‘Your Signature Feature’ and ‘How To Make One the Best They Can Be’
- Dr Eckart Haneke, another one of our illustrious dermatologic surgeons, will speak on ‘Dermatologic Surgery in 2013 — Where are We and What is our Future’
- Dr Doris Hexsel, from Brazil, and one of the world’s true experts on cellulite, will offer to the group a Cellulite Update in 2013
- Dr Des Fernandez, one of the pioneers in microneedles, who hails from South Africa, will speak on Microneedling and Skin Rollers.
A number of lectures will also be given on stem cells, one of the newest and growing interests in dermatologic and cosmetic surgery. For these talks, we will have Drs Chang Hun Huh and Yoshimura, and are excited to learn more about these and all the interesting topics we have in store for the DASIL attendees.
During the Pre-Congress Workshop, to be held on 6 November, participants will have an opportunity to learn directly from the experts about lasers and light sources, injectable fillers and toxins, liposuction and fat transfer — all taught by masters in their fields.
Registration for the pre-congress workshops is at no additional charge for participants in the Congress, so register early so as not to miss out on the courses which interest you the most.
Parallel course sections will proceed for 3 and a half days, where dermatologic and aesthetic surgery, along with cutaneous oncology, will come to life and we will be able to learn the latest and most up-to-date information from these fields.
We encourage you to visit the DASIL website and to register for the 2nd Annual Congress of DASIL in the enchanted city of Bangkok.
Further information: www.theDASIL.org