CUTERA, INC., a leading provider of laser, light and other energy-based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide, announced that it is launching the new truSculpt® flex, muscle sculpting platform in the United States. truSculpt flex is FDA-cleared for the indications of the improvement of abdominal tone, strengthening of the abdominal muscles, and development of a firmer abdomen. It is also cleared for the strengthening, toning and firming of buttocks & thighs.
“We are very excited to introduce truSculpt flex, and proud to be the first aesthetics laser company to offer a muscle toning system that treats up to 8 muscle groups simultaneously, covering the largest treatment area in the body sculpting industry,” said Jason Richey, COO and Interim CEO of Cutera. “The truSculpt flex technology is further differentiated from other devices through our proprietary Multi-Directional Stimulation (MDS) technology that delivers three treatment options in one session by replicating intensiﬁed crunch, squat and twisting actions. Further, with the launch of truSculpt flex, we are expanding our body sculpting product family as the truSculpt flex joins our truSculpt iD fat reduction technology launched in 2018. . At Cutera, we believe in shaping the future of global aesthetics through the uncompromising pursuit of innovation.”
Dr. Michael Somenek, Plastic Surgeon, Washington DC, a leading investigator for the truSculpt flex clinical trials, stated, “Cutera has done it again by partnering with leading physicians in the aesthetics industry to develop leading-edge technology. During the clinical study for truSculpt flex, our practice was very pleased with how the technology performed, and delivered, real, personalized muscle toning results for patients. This technology opens up the possibilities for any aesthetics provider to offer top-of-the-line muscle toning services.”
Research shows the market for fitness, mind and body services was $595B in 20171 and an increase of 14.5% in body shaping procedures year over year.2 Further, 60 million people are paying members at gyms and health clubs3, and only 30% of adults actually do the recommended 2 times per week weight training program.4
About truSculpt flex
truSculpt flex is a muscle sculpting device that is clinically proven to strengthen, firm, and tone the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Eight muscle groups treated simultaneously, covering the largest treatment area in the body sculpting industry
- Personalized to meet patients’ fitness level, shape, and goals
- Three treatment modes in the same session simulates different workouts by replicating intensiﬁed twisting, squat, and crunch actions.
- Prep Mode– creates a twisting motion to warm up, stretch the muscles and slowly build a tolerance to muscle contractions
- Tone Mode– contracts the muscles, holds it to the point of exhaustion, and then relaxes it to increase strength and enhance endurance
- Sculpt Mode– fast, deep, sequential contractions of the muscles to develop new muscle fibers and increase basal metabolic rate (BMR) for building muscle mass and reducing circumference
- Proprietary Multi-Directional Stimulation (MDS)
- Direct delivery of electrical current to stimulate muscle contractions without energy wastage
- Treats specific muscle groups using three treatment mode options
- Customizable handpiece configuration and placement locations
- Target multiple, specific small and large muscle groups with no downtime
- Low levels of energy achieve deep, full muscle contractions at high intensity
- Proprietary handpiece design with truGel
- Safe and consistent results
- Targeted, selective, and customizable delivery with less energy
Commercial shipments of truSculpt flex will begin immediately.
Additional information can be found: